Saturday 16 May 2015

National Flash Fiction Day Flashback

National Flash Fiction Day is coming round again and I was reminded today of a piece I submitted in 2012 (thanks FB Memories). It's linked below for your delight and delectation.
Flash Fiction is what got me writing, or to be precise, it's what got me believing I could write and that my tiny scraps were actually worthwhile. NFFD has been fundamental in nurturing this fragile confidence. The guys behind the day have always been supportive and friendly, especially to an upstart newby like myself. They have given people like me the opportunity to join in and try our first tentative steps into the world without fear that if we stumble, the pavement will rise up and crack our skulls. This year I am joining in again. I have actually entered one of the competitions. Don't know if my offering will cut the mustard, but I do know that just entering and putting my words into the mix, is quite a step for me. The next rung on the ladder in my word dabbling journey.
If you are interested in creative writing and aren't sure where to start, then I'd recommend flash fiction - have a look here. There are lots of activities online to get you started.
And finally, here is the thing of mine from NFFD2012. So, what are you waiting for? If I can do it, anyone can.

And, by the way, yes - there is a typo in it. Funny how you don't spot these things till three years later... :-D

The Write-In: Just Say Yes by Denise Sparrowhawk
She heard the question. The words were clear, the meaning quite plain. It didn’t seem to be a trick question. She hesitated, wondering. What...

1 comment: